Saturday 15 August 2015

Elder Scrolling

The Key

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition


I've now finally gotten around to installing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition.

What a palava (a cross between a pavlova and a pullover?). I purchased said game back in October last year, did nothing with it for eons. So, the moon is full, Mercury is in ascendence (whatever that means, the bones have been thrown and all bodes well. I open the case; a gorgeous full colour map, information about the 3, yes 3 expansions! and the temptation leaflet to spend the rest of my life 'online' in Tamriel with The Elder Scrolls Online and... No Steam Key. What? No Steam Key?

Now, the smart amongst you will have cognitively registered that a Steam Key is obviously important to get the thing up and running. You would be correct in that assumption, it was a boxed purchase with a digital key. I spend several days looking for the manual, there must be a manual right? Do I have a vague recollection of removing it from the case and pouring over the tome, late one night in bed, by the light of a wan moon? Or is this just false memory... I don't find it. I got in touch with the company I bought it from and they now kindly inform me it would have been in an email.

Email? don't tell me email! I keep them all, of course I do. I have folders stretching to infinity, all neatly labelled and chronologically archived, except that I had to cull my Inbox/Outbox/Dumpbox/Mustn'tdeletebox a couple of months ago! Aha! Luckily, fortuitously, sensibly, I took an export, so I trawled through this but alas, no Steam Key. The company I bought it from said it had to be addressed within two weeks but if it had been within six months, they would have had a copy of the email but they cleared their emails after six months. I thought I smelt something, it wasn't pleasant...

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhh!

Thankfully, those wonderful people at G2A came to the rescue with a not too expensive solution to get hold of a Key. Installation was a doodle (like a doddle but I scribbled on random bits of paper whilst the game downloaded) and the whole saga came to a close.

The saga of Skyrim is just about to begin.

-----
The moral of the above is; get the damn thing installed!


RPGamer


1 comment: