Sunday 16 August 2015

I Dig This!

I once started to study archeology. I was swayed by Time Team and the thoughts of time travel to the past but I broke my ankle, missed some sessions and working nights & shifts took its toll. I drifted out of it. I still have an excellent book; Archaeology An Introduction by Kevin Greene (Third Edition - Routledge).

When I came across Actual Archaeologist is Digging Through World of Warcraft, Skyrim at Kotaku, my interest was piqued.

Archeogaming actually exists, it's got its own website sensibly entitled Archeogaming and there's a conference! Kotaku's article links to Archeogaming's The Numismatics of the Elder Scrolls (yes, I had to look it up too). It details the use of coins in the land of Tamriel and with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Soundtrack playing in the background I felt positively professorial.




RPGamer 

0 comments:

Post a Comment